SolidArt- education without borders
2020 - 2021
The youth exchange SolidART will be organized in August 2021, in Caras-Severin county,Romania. It will involve 45 young participants coming from different social and economical backgrounds, from Romania, Bulgaria and The Republic of North Macedonia, accompanied by 9 group leaders, 3 from each country. The methods used will be based on non formal education, with a higher accent on forum theater method and other artistic tools to share ideas and impressions of participants about educational situation of youth in Eastern European countries.
We also use other methods, like oxford debates, simulations, team building, presentations, brainstorming, research, world Cafe, team work, evaluation, public event, all of them having the main goal to develop skills and competences to empower youth to speak up their needs to policy makers, to learn about solidarity and cooperation while understanding how to express themselves via artistic tools.
Why artistic tools? Why forum theater? Because there are inclusive methods, meaning all can participate with their own experience, they can take that parts they want to improve or the ones are good at, and make art while tackling sensitive issues. Their situation is specific to the Eastern European Countries who passed through Comunism regim, leaving severe scars in the development of educational system, health care, infrastructure and so on. Other participants are volunteers engaged in educational programmes of disadvantaged groups (working in afternoon schools. social centers, social animators, mediators or students interested in learning teaching methods).
Salvati copiii – programul ora de net / Nevo Parudimos / Grupul Ecologic de Colaborare Nera
Connect Rural Village
The aim of the project is to promote the genuine traditional rural life connection within the youngsters from urban areas by creating an intercultural environment where new technologies of the digital contemporary society can be explored and used in all the social levels and distances, using both non-formal methods as LARP and qualitative social methods as ethnomethodolgy ( e.g. media recording of villagers testimonials, social observation method)
- To promote the rural ecological environment where 25 youngsters from 5 countries can explore and understand different cultural identities both from their origin countries and from the partners, both from urban style and the rural traditional village;
- To create a cultural bridge experience between the 25 youngsters from urban areas and youngsters from a rural village and poor com
- To offer the opportunity to youngsters from urban areas to connect with the real traditional rural life, and to learn more about the life of the villagers nowadays, being villagers for 8 days, by using socio methods of exploration and the new media, too;
- To develop the civic sense of the 25 youngsters, being involved in promoting media education within the villagers;
5.To develop media literacy skills and creative thinking skills of the 25 youngsters and of the villagers by using and learning about new media technology within rural village.
Profile of participants:
This project aims to address the problem of youngsters at the edge of social exclusion, living in urban areas, overwhelmed by today’s technology and having no chance to experience a rural life, in a healthy and safe environment, together with youngsters facing the same problem. Priority will be given to youngsters with fewer opportunities, facing social, cultural and economic obstacles, as well as other reason of discrimination. Youngsters will be aged 15-25, except for the group leaders which can be older, but necessary 18+.
Promoting Inclusion and Employment Trough Art
01.06.2017 - 30.11.2017
1.Aim : the aim of the project is to foster inclusion of migrants, refugees coming to Europe, including asylum seekers on transitory legal procedure, to create bridges between the migrants and local communities trough culture, art and education, as well as presenting Europe’s culture and its values, for ensuring a two directions inclusion process in the local European society. Furthermore, to increase the employ-ability of migrants and refugees by developing their skills to attend a job interview and to create a European CV, in the same time by learning about the job market in Europe.
1. To capacitate 48 young young refugee, asylum seekers, youngsters with migrations background from 8 European countries in identifying communication tools and how to use them in order to create connections to the local community;
2. To increase the employ-ability opportunities for refugees and migrants by learning about Europass CV, how to attend an interview and what are the requests in the labor market in the 8 European countries;
3. To empower 48 participants coming from 8 European countries in organizing “Living library” events in their communities, to provide a safe space where participants can share their life stories and create a bridge between them and the Brebu village/Resita young community;
4. To create awareness about the importance of accepting, including and supporting refugees, asylum seekers and migrants in Europe, by using several artistic tools: theater, music, handcrafts.
The main methods used will be based on non-formal education activities such as: treasure hunt, presentations (oral, power point), study visits, world cafe, forum theatre, living library, storytelling, role play, open space, facilitated discussions, public event – each one with specific exercises, aimed to fulfil the objectives proposed.
1. Kreativ Research Association Romania – coordinator (www.mediapedagogy.eu)
2. Active Bulgarian Society (ABS) – Bulgaria
3. InclusionGo – Italy
4.United Society of Balkans (USB) – Greece
5. Regional Roma Educational Youth Association (RROMA) – The Republic of North Macedonia
6. Oasis Cardiff – Wales (UK)
7. Tavo Europa association – Lithuania Bridge of Cultures Training
8. Youth Association – Turkey
Former Erasmus Projects:
Connect Rural Village with Virtual World (ConexiuneaVirtRurala )
2017-1-RO01-KA105-037011 Erasmus +